Recently various petitions have been circulating the Diabetes Online Community, so today let’s pretend to write our own. Tell us who you would write the petition to – a person, an organization, even an object (animate or inanimate) – get creative!! What are you trying to change and what have you experienced that makes you want this change? (Thanks to Briley ofinDpendence for this topic suggestion.)
If I were to partition something It would be to have affordable health care not just health care. Do you know how expansive it is to have Diabetes? You don't well let me tell you!
1. insulin is like 150 a bottle and I go thought 1 a month, and God for bid on of this thing slips out of my hand and falls to the floor ( just think Humpty Dumpty)
2. tests strips cause about $1 a peace and If test before each meal and before bed then that is 4 and oh then there the meal that I had out for dinner and the unexspative high it caused me that caused me to test 3 times to make sure I was coming down to a half way reasonable number. and then there was that lemonade that I thought had sugar in it guess what it was made with crystal light so I go way down so the 4 test strips you give me turns in to me needing 8 in one day and this is just a normal day for me.
3. I am on a pump and every 3 day I have to change my site for a box of 10 of what I need coast me about $170 a month and they do not always last 3 days there is that door nob that I bumped into the fact that I forgot to take the needle guard off the needle and also the I have no clue why my pump just decide to stop working so I have to change it.
4 I am very lucky that I have a CGM yes very lucky but this too need to changed ever 3 days and it is very very expansive to have this very nice peace of tecnolgy yes it is nice to know where my BGL is before I get behind my car it is safe for me and for anyone out there that I do not have a low while driving. and this tells me where I am at where I am going so that I can do something before it happens.
5. Dr appointments I see a specialist every 3 months a CDE every 3 months and for some God only know my PCP wants to see me every 3 month. I will never understand why since my PCP has n clue how to use a pump or how to treat type 1 diabetes for that matter yet she want to see me and get an A!C blood test ever 3 months witch you guessed it coast money, and yes this is the same test my Endo does in her office.
6. my time driving to and from dr. office waiting in the lab for them to take some blood for a test. the time I have to worry if I gave my self enough insulin to cover the meal I just had. or wondering why I am going up and not know why and trying to bring it down.
there are thing I am missing but having Diabetes is not only expansive but very time consuming and we do not need to fight for insurance only to fight for the coverage we need and deserve we have enough to deal with already.